We have an outstanding track record of inventing, co-inventing and co-developing innovations that by now have already reached and helped millions of patients. Next to our client services, we continue this work through close ties with medical innovators and experts around the world. Often these activities give rise to additional novel opportunities for our clients.
- Regulator T Cells: Adaptive therapy of ALS, MS, SLE, GvH and other autoimmune diseases (phase I/II).
- Cancer cell therapy: Helping the immune system fight back by combining old medical wisdom with the best cancer drugs and procedures (phase I/II).
- Clinical Nutrition: Glutamine for cancer patients.
- 3 chamber bag: Improved IV nutrition for millions of patients that can not digest food for shorter or longer periods (on the market).
- Improved MRI contrast agent: For better diagnose and monitoring (phase I).
- Probiotic drops: For infants with colic [on the market] and for prevention of neonatal necrotising enterocolitis (IND).
- Lozenge for oral pain: BUPI is the most efficient pain treatment of head & neck cancer and Sjogren patients (in phase III).
- Biomarker for better patient triaging: The first and most powerful low-grade inflammation marker suPARnostic predicts disease severity, outcome and long-term health risks.
- Allergy: Automatic Skin Prick Testing for improved diagnostic procedure.5
We initiate and support pre-clinical and clinical research in areas where current medical solutions are insufficient or non-existent. The choice of research topics is inspired by the medical issues we encounter through our clients and facilitated by leading medical innovators around the world.
In these research efforts, we do not pursue patents or make data or methods proprietary; in the interest of our clients, we always donate our findings by letting collaborators publish, share and transfer new know-how to university hospitals around the world. We feel that today’s almost exaggerated drive to protect new knowledge and insights in the name of commercial development constitutes one of the major obstacles in making new findings and treatment approaches available to patients faster. The more knowledge we give – the more we receive. This is one of our “secrets” of how to stay at the cutting edge of medical research.
Current Rigi Care research interests include:
NEURODEGENERATIVE DISEASES & Cell Therapies
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) / Motor Neuron Disease (MND)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS) & Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis (PPMS)
- Dementia & FTD
NEURO-REHABILITATION (neurological trauma)
- Prostate Cancer (combination of radiotherapies, immune therapy & ablation techniques)
- Head & Neck Cancer (improved supportive care)
- Multiple Myeloma (CAR-NK cell therapy)
- Colon Cancer (cell therapy)
FUNCTIONAL DIAGNOSTICS (combination of biomarkers over time)
HERBAL MEDICINE (chronic conditions and general prevention)