Rigi Research initiates and supports pre-clinical and clinical research in areas where current medical solutions are insufficient or non-existent. The choice of research topics is inspired by medical issues we encounter through our members and facilitated by leading medical innovators around the world.
Rigi Research is performing continuous analyses of up-to-date scientific and medical resources and data available through publications, conferences, and networks as basis for selecting the best and most “ready” research partners for developing tomorrow’s treatments. With this we build unique know-how in the respective research areas.
Rigi Research will not pursue patents or in any other way make data or methods proprietary, but will, in the interest of its members and patients around the world, always donate our findings by letting collaborators and team publish, share and transfer new treatment know-how to university hospitals around the world. We feel that today’s almost exaggerated drive to protect new knowledge and insights in the name of commercial development constitutes one of the major obstacles in making new findings and treatment approaches available to patients faster.
We believe that the more knowledge we give – the more we will receive. And it has proven true. This is one of our “secrets” to be able to stay on the very cutting edge of medical research.
Currently Rigi Research is engaged in the following areas:
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) / Motor Neuron Disease (MND) / Lou Gehrig’s disease
- Colon Cancer (cell therapy)
- Emergency Triaging (biomarkers)
- Graft versus Host Disease (GvHD)
- Preventive Healthcare (mental and physical health)
- Herbal Medicine (chronic conditions and general prevention)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Melanoma Cancer (cell therapy)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis (PPMS)
- Allergy (diagnose & treatment)
- Rehabilitation (neurological trauma)